Submitting manuscripts – Publication Criteria
All manuscripts submitted to The Journal of Career Education Principles and Practices should follow these publication criteria:
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in a Microsoft Word 2003 ® (.doc) or Microsoft Word 2007 ® (.docx) file.
- All manuscripts should follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th Edition, including citations, references, headings, tables, figures, and formatting.
- All manuscripts must be typewritten in 12 point Times New Roman and double spaced with one inch margins.
- A title page should include all authors’ names, titles, institutional affiliations, mailing and email addresses.
- Indicate on the title page which submission the article is being submitted: Research, Practice, Stories/Notes, Essay.
- Each article should include a list of 5-10 key words on the title page.
- All research manuscripts must include a 150-250 word abstract. Abstracts are optional for the other submission types. The abstract is not included in the word count of the article.
- Manuscripts can be submitted to either of the Chief Editorial Co-chairs.
Each submission will be subject to blind evaluations by members of the Editorial Board for currency, relevance to the field and to verify a valid and credible treatment of the topic, adequacy of references, clarity in topic formation and discussion, sufficiency of supporting data analysis. We will make every effort to notify authors of the outcome of the manuscript review within 60 days of receipt.
The Journal of Career Education Principles and Practices encourages the following types of submissions:
- Research articles from 2,500-3,750 words
- Practice articles from 2,000-3,000 words
- Stories/Notes from 500-1,000 words
- Essays at 500 words maximum
Full details of these categories are explained in Submission Categories.
Tables and figures should be embedded in the text and sent in as a separate file. A short descriptive title should appear above each table and should included captions.
Illustrations submitted, including line drawings, halftones, photographs, etc. should be digital files. They may be embedded within the document, but should also be sent under a separate file as well. All illustrations must be:
- 300 dpi or higher
- Sized no larger than 8” x 10”
- EPS, TIFF, or PSD format only
If a manuscript is accepted for publication, we ask the author to submit a final version with suggested editorial corrections. We reserve the right to edit the manuscript without notice to the author so that it conforms to The Journal of Career Education Principles and Practice style, usage, and space requirements.