This is one FAQ page you DON’T want to miss! Here you can find lots of information you need to know about being a military student at KU.

 Q: What services are offered to military students at KU?

A: KU is proud to host Student Veterans of America (SVA) chapters, which are driven by their military student leadership. Their mission is to provide military veterans with the proper resources and support needed to reach their goals. This organization is offered at the following KU campuses:

·         College of Golf and Sport Management

·         Fort Myers

·         Melbourne

·         Orlando

·         Pembroke Pines

·         Port St Lucie

·         Tampa

Don’t see your campus listed? Please note that some campuses are currently going through the SVA approval process and will not be listed until final approval is submitted. Contact your local Student Services Director and see what the status is at your campus!

 Q: Who do I see about my military educational benefits?

A: All military students (Active Duty, Veterans, and military dependents) will need to see the campus School Certifying Official (SCO), who certifies veteran benefits through the VA and works with DOD benefits. KU also has a Military Affairs team comprised of Veterans to assist SCO’s and military students with subjects regarding educational benefits. This team can be reached through your SCO, who can be found in the Financial Aid department.

Q: Where do I obtain a copy of my military transcripts?

A: Military students from the Army, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard can request a copy be sent to your campus from your respective branch of service from:

For USAF Service Members and Veterans, request your copy from Air University’s Community College of the Air Force:

Q: Does KU offer military students additional non-school related help?

A: Yes! KU works with all Florida Vet Center locations, hosting Veteran Outreach events to ensure their military students are aware of their benefits. You can even receive free counseling through the Vet Center. Other services offered at your local Vet Centers include:

·         Individual and group counseling for Veterans and their families

·         Family counseling for military related issues

·         Bereavement counseling for families who experienced an active duty death

·         Military sexual trauma counseling and referral

·         Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.

·         Substance abuse assessment and referral

·         Employment assessment and referral

·         VBA benefits explanation and referral

·         Screening and referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.

Q: How do I find out if I am eligible for Vet Center counseling?

A: You are eligible for Vet Center counseling if you, or a family member, served in any combat zone and received a military campaign ribbon (Vietnam, Southwest Asia, OEF, OIF, etc.).

For more information, and to locate the closest Vet Center near you, go to:


As always, feel free to email me with your comments, questions, concerns and suggestions!

Your fellow KU student,