* An Associate of Science degree is considered a terminal degree. The decision on course transferability rests with the receiving institution.
Keiser University’s Associate of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography presents an integration of didactic, laboratory and clinical experiences. The program prepares students to function as entry-level diagnostic medical sonographers. Sonographers are highly skilled professionals qualified to provide patient services using diagnostic techniques under the supervision of a licensed doctor of medicine or osteopathy and assist physicians in gathering data necessary to reach diagnostic decisions.
Program Mission Statement
Keiser University’s Associate of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography prepares competent graduates who are eligible for entry-level positions in the ultrasound field. The program facilitates the development of learned knowledge and skills of a graduate sonographer. The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program strives to instill the values and concepts of life-long learning to its graduates
Track 1 – General Concentration
To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
The program’s mission and goal is further defined in the following program objectives:
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes reflective of an entry level sonographer.
2. Perform routine sonographic exams while providing quality patient care as an entry level sonographer.
3. Exhibit professional and ethical behaviors consistent within the scope of practice of an entry level sonographer.
Track 2 – General and Vascular Concentrations (offered at Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers campuses only)
To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers and vascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
The following additional objectives are for students enrolled in the general and vascular concentrations:
1. Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and attitudes reflective of an entry level general sonographer and vascular technologist.
2. Display professional and ethical behaviors when communicating in the healthcare setting.
3. Demonstrate clinical competency by performing appropriate physiologic, two dimensional, Doppler and other sonographic and noninvasive procedures.
4. Demonstrate the necessary knowledge in general sonography/vascular technology.
Click here to view the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program outcomes.