Keiser University is an institutionally accredited private career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body in traditional, nontraditional and online delivery formats. The main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale, with campuses located throughout the State of Florida and internationally. Through quality teaching, learning, and research, the university is committed to provide students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for successful employment. Committed to a “students first” philosophy, Keiser University prepares graduates for careers in business, criminal justice, health care, technology, hospitality, education and career-focused general studies. Inherent in the Mission is service to the community. This service includes community partnerships, involvement with various constituencies and various continuing education programs.
Strategic Directions and Goals
I. Promote Academic Excellence by Providing Institutional Resources, Assistance, and Oversight
- To actively be involved with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and such programmatic accreditation agencies as are desired and appropriate.
- To assess the effectiveness of and consequentially enhance the educational and academic service programs of the university.
- To provide academic support services designed to enhance student learning and prepare graduates for successful occupational choices.
- To continue to improve the competencies of students at all levels in both foundational skills and analytical/critical thinking.
II. Attract and Retain Quality Faculty and Staff
- To employ and further develop a diverse faculty who embrace the university’s philosophy and are well qualified in their subject matter and teaching methods.
- To encourage and further develop well-qualified staff personnel to respond to the needs of a broad spectrum of university students in programs at all levels.
III. Develop and Maintain High-Demand Educational Programs That Are Accessible and Responsive to the Needs of Campus Communities
- To provide and enhance a variety of educational delivery systems that respond to current and future student, community, and professional occupational needs and expectations.
- To review all degree programs to ensure currency, relevancy, and cost-effectiveness with respect to content, delivery, and outcomes.
IV. Develop and Support Initiatives Designed to Enhance Institutional Effectiveness
- To collect evidence of student learning and programmatic outcomes in the ongoing effort to enhance the quality of the academic program.
- To maintain and enhance the mechanisms that collect and publish evidence of academic and operational effectiveness for continuous improvement.
- To develop strategies that support the implementation of program and degree- appropriate academic research.
V. Expand the International and Domestic Reach of the University’s Programs, Services, and Collaborative Agreements in Support of the University Mission
- To create opportunities to partner with community organizations where mutual benefit can be realized through collaborative agreements and/or articulation agreements.
- To pursue educational initiatives appropriate for a variety of domestic and global locations and cultural settings.
- To expand the physical facilities of the university to more effectively implement the institutional mission and vision.
VI. Continue the Implementation of Appropriate Fiscal, Budgetary, and Managerial Strategies to Provide Adequate Resources with Which to Support Keiser University and Its Future Development
- To ensure that the Board of Trustees continues to provide appropriate oversight of the financial and budgetary operations of the University.
- To analyze the ongoing financial operations of the university to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- To maintain well-qualified administrative officers with the background and experience necessary to oversee the institution.
VII. Enhance the University’s Relationships with Its Alumni, Supporting Constituencies, Service Communities, and the Professions It Serves
- To continue to implement Keiser University fundraising programs for institutional support and advancement.
- To cultivate the Keiser University alumni development program.
- To enhance the community outreach initiatives of the various extended Keiser University locations to support their community service, public relations, and institutional advancement campaigns.
In today’s society, there is a genuine need for a University that offers its students quality academic and career education in an atmosphere of personalized attention. Keiser University offers career educational programs that prepare them to enter their chosen career field upon graduation. Other students utilize Keiser University programs as a stepping-stone to further education. Other students may be community residents or business members who attend contract training or University-sponsored seminars.
At Keiser University, each student is considered an individual, and the University strives to be aware at all times of the needs of each member of its student body. The faculty of Keiser University believes that career education instruction is an art as well as a science. It is a dynamic process that develops both the skill and the intellect of career-minded individuals in its community. Career education is an interactive process on which the future of society depends. Graduates become technicians, professionals and clinicians who are critical for future economic growth.
Keiser University’s goal is to train career-minded individuals by offering an education that produces an employable, skilled, responsible and accountable person. Keiser University students are prepared to provide professional skills necessary to meet the projected needs of society. Inherent in the goals established for Keiser University is the belief that learning takes place in a variety of ways. For this reason, Keiser University curricula are flexible and incorporate previous knowledge and skills.
Keiser University affirms that all members of the academic community share responsibility for establishing, implementing and evaluating its educational programs. Further, Keiser University believes that members of business and industry must also participate in this process.
Finally, it is the philosophy of Keiser University that no person shall be denied admission to any program, be excluded from any training, be denied the benefits of training, or be subjected to discrimination in any hiring practice or activity of the University because of race, creed, color, handicap, national origin, sex, age, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or religious belief.