MSEd CCA – Frequently Asked Questions
Keiser University/KUCCEL and MaxKnowledge Excellence Program Credit Award FAQs
What are MaxKnowledge “Excellence Programs?”
- Excellence Programs provide tailored training for critical skill areas.
- Six comprehensive Excellence Programs make up the series including:
- Excellence in Leadership
- Excellence in Campus Operations
- Excellence in Admissions
- Excellence in Career Services
- Excellence in Teaching
- Excellence in Online Teaching
- Each program requires the completion of 12 online courses. Participants who successfully complete a program earn 48 hours of continuing education credits as well as the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) certification.
For which MSEd program(s) will Keiser University accept credit for the completion of Excellence Programs?
- It depends on the student’s area of interest and current and planned future employment goals. This articulation program was designed to facilitate credit transfer consideration for the Keiser University Master of Science in Education-Career College Administration (MSEd-CCA) However, students with appropriate employment experience and goals may petition the university to consider transfer credits into any of the KUCCEL umbrella programs, as applicable. (Note: MaxKnowledge courses will not articulate into the Ph.D. programs). Your Keiser University academic advisor will discuss this with you.
- Students must have completed an Excellence Program from MaxKnowledge consisting of at least 12 courses to be eligible to apply for transfer of credit. One Excellence Program completion is the equivalent of one, three-hour credit course in a similar area of study. Examples for the MSEd-CCA program might be:
MaxKnowledge KU Course
- Excellence in Leadership EDU 552 (Personnel Selection and Development)
- Excellence in Campus Operations EDU 566 (Managing Career Colleges for Successful Outcomes)
- Excellence in Admissions EDU 562 (Enrollment Management)
Which Excellence Program(s) should I take if I want credit to apply toward one of Keiser University’s MSEd Programs?
- It depends on your area of interest and current and future employment goals. A Keiser University representative will be happy to discuss options and make recommendations.
How many Excellence Programs Can I take for Academic Credit?
- Up to two, for six MSEd credits.
Do I have to complete an Excellence Program before enrolling at Keiser University?
- Generally yes. You would just need to meet the standard Keiser University MSEd entrance requirements and petition for the award of nontraditional credit upon completion. However, Excellence Program students who are substantially completed with their MaxKnowledge courses may be admitted to the university with written permission from MaxKnowledge and their Keiser University academic advisor.
How much does the MSEd program cost?
- The tuition is in the catalog and it would be less a 25% scholarship.
Will I save money on tuition by completing Excellence Programs?
- You will save the cost of one or two courses and 25% of the remaining tuition as a scholarship.
What is the “MaxKnowledge Twenty-Five Percent Scholarship” and how do I apply?
- It is available as a scholarship of 25% of the normal tuition. Your admissions advisor will handle all of the details. Just be sure to tell him or her you are a MaxKnowledge Excellence Program graduate student.
Will I get my MSEd faster if I take Excellence Programs?
- If you are full time, and complete two Excellence Programs, you will finish one term (eight weeks earlier). If you are part-time, you will finish two terms sooner.
How long will it take for me to finish my degree?
- If you are full-time (two classes at once) approximately one year. If you are part-time (one class at a time) it will take you approximately two years. Note: Due to the rigors of graduate studies, most students attend part time.
How do I enroll in an Excellence Program?
- Learners may enroll in an Excellence Program through any CHEP training provider. Visit cheponline.org for a complete list of approved training providers.
What is the specific process I need to begin to officially get credit for completing Excellence Programs?
- Just contact a Keiser University admissions advisor and let them know you are a MaxKnowledge student or click here
- As part of the application for transfer of credit, students will be asked to submit a portfolio, including documentation of completion of Excellence Program, a current resume, a copy of their CHEP certification, and a research essay/paper. Students and prospective students will be furnished a rubric and instructions for the paper. Your Keiser University academic advisor will discuss this process with you and provide assistance, as needed.
Who can I contact if I have more questions about acceptance of credit for Excellence Programs?